ALTAIR® 5X Multigas Detector
ALTAIR® 5X Multigas Detector
Driven by XCell® Sensor technology, the rugged, multi-featured ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector includes features that provide maximum safety and make it easy to use in even the most demanding situations. This detector features large buttons for easy use; overmolded housing protects detector for drops of up to 10 ft. (3 m). Detector also includes exclusive MotionAlert™ feature that lets others know if a user has become immobile, and InstantAlert™ feature, a manual alarm that alerts others if a potentially hazardous situation has arisen
Driven by XCell® Sensor technology, the rugged, multi-featured ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector includes features that provide maximum safety and make it easy to use in even the most demanding situations. This detector features large buttons for easy use; overmolded housing protects detector for drops of up to 10 ft. (3 m). Detector also includes exclusive MotionAlert™ feature that lets others know if a user has become immobile, and InstantAlert™ feature, a manual alarm that alerts others if a potentially hazardous situation has arisen. Optional glow-in-the-dark housing makes detector easy to see when working within confined space; large buttons and bright display makes operation possible even when users wear gloves.
The ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector is capable of measuring up to 6 gases simultaneously and is now available with integrated PID sensor for VOC detection. Driven by advanced MSA XCell® Sensor Technology, the ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector delivers faster response time, better stability, accuracy, longer service life, and cost savings over the life of the instrument.
The ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector now offers Bluetooth wireless technology that can be used with Android devices and the MSA app to wirelessly manage instrument data and setup. In addition, MSA works with several technology partners to implement custom wireless solutions of gas detection data.
Features & Benefits
- Detects combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine, VOCs, and many others depending upon sensor configuration.
- Rugged overmolded polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including ability to survive 10-ft. (3m) drop; IP65-certified.
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow, eliminating concerns of externally-attached components.
- High performance XCell Sensors last longer:
- Typical life greater than 4 years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, SO2, CO/NO2 and CO (high concentration) sensors.
- Typical life greater than 3 years for NH3 and Cl2 sensors.
- Most sensor response and clear times <15 seconds.
- Less calibration gas used:
- Requires about half of test gas typically used for calibration and bump tests.
- Rapid bump test gives results in less than 10 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- MotionAlert feature option tells others that user has become immobile.
- InstantAlert feature provides manual alarm to alert others as to a potentially hazardous situation.
- PID option allows for accurate, reliable VOC response with programmable reference factors.
- Large buttons and bright display provide easy operation, even when users wear gloves.
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions users when unit's sensor nears end-of-life.
- Versatile MSA Link™ Software allows users to transmit data to a computer.
- Compatible with GALAXY® GX2 Test System and MSA Link Pro Software for fleet management.
- Wireless bluetooth included standard.
|Part No.||Description||More Information|
- Combustible Detection
- Toxic Detection
- Oxygen Detection
- Confined Space
Approvals & Certifications
USA / Canada ETL
ATEX Directive 94/9/EC
ANZEx Australia/New Zealand - Test Safe Australia
IECEx - Test Safe Australia
- USA Approvals
- Canadian Approvals
- European Union
- Australia - IECExTSA09.0013X_07
- Australia - IECExTSA09.0014X_07
- Australia - TestSafe ANZEx09.3009X_07
- Australia - TestSafe ANZEx09.3008X_07
- Brazil (InMetro) - 150507_ULBR12.0061X
- Brazil (InMetro) - 150528_ULBR12.0103X
- China (CMC) - 120611_CMC_05000199-9
- China (Ex) - 130911_Ex_CE12.2001
- India (PESO) - 131127_CCE-P327684_1
- EAC (Russia, Belorussia, Kazakhstan) - 131114_EAC_Altair5X_EMC_RU